Protecting Our Future: The Case for Greater Regulation of Assisted Reproductive Technology.
A thought-provoking examination of the current issues in ART in New Zealand.
Edited by Sandra Coney and Anne Else,
Published by Women's Health Action, 1999
Protecting Our Future The Case for Greater Regulation of Assisted Reproductive Technology.
Authors: Sara Bennett, Sandra Coney, Moera Douthett, Lorna Dyall, Anne Else and Nadja Tollemache.
This 84pp report contains:
* What are the rights of children and how can children's interests be balanced against adult's rights?
* What can we do to prevent the potential harm resulting from genetic and birth breaks?
* Should some ART practices be banned, and should there be restrictions on access to ART services?,
* How do we protect all the people involved?
* What models of regulation do other countries offer?
* How do Maori regard ART and what do Maori perspectives have to offer?
* Will the new Assisted Human Reproduction Bill effectively regulate ART?
The report is available free to groups and for a cost of $NZ22 incl p&p to individuals in New Zealand - O'seas please contact WHA.
Women's Health Action, PO Box 9947, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand.
Ph: +64 9 520 5295, fax: +64 9 520 5731