Family Violence Clearinghouse have release the latest data summaries on family violence in New Zealand, a collation of statistics from various agencies and research studies.The data summaries can be read hereThe summaries show that:
- In 2015, there were 110,114 family violence investigations by NZ Police
- In 2015, NZ Police recorded 6 homicides by an intimate partner
- In 2015, NZ Police recorded 10 homicides of children and young people under 20 by a family member
- In 2015, 5,264 applications were made for protection orders:- 4,857 (89%) were made by women and 513 (9%) by men- 4,774 (89%) of respondents were men and 543 (10%) women.
- In 2015, there were 7,406 recorded male assaults female victimisations and 4,629 proceedings against offenders for breaching a protection order.